Okay…so even though the commentary isn’t the best, her smile and first giggle and first laugh is probably one of the CUTEST things caught on my camera to date! Yeah I love my girls! Boop…
This is one of my FAVORITEST pictures of Adi. She’s getting so big and I can’t believe how much she’s growing each day. I weighed her on the scale last nite and she was 12.1 lbs (she was 5 lbs 13 oz. when we took her home from the hospital.) We went shopping for new clothes for her on Saturday. Sarah always gets mad at me when we go shopping because I always get WAY excited about buying new clothes for her, but as soon as I see how much baby clothes are, even on sale, when they just wear them for a couple months tops…I freak out and get all grumpy. Besides that I never know what size to get her. I try to get her bigger sizes, so she can wear them longer, but then their just not as cute when their baggy you know? I need INSTANT gratification. I love to shop, but I guess the true Chinese Chang in my has come out and its hard for me to spend money on clothes that she wears for not even a couple of months. Typical in-store convo from me and Sarah:
Sarah: “Oh this is CUTE!”
Jay monotone: “How much is it?”
Sarah: “It’s on sale for $8, normal price is $16.50”
Jay being Chang: “$8??? Ugg, what size is it? A sale is not always a sale Sarah!”
Sarah: “6-12 months”
Jay rationalizing: “She’s not even 3 months yet!”
Sarah: “But she’ll be able to wear it longer…”
Jay grumpy: “Whatever…get whatever you want…”
But I will say that my wife does pick the cutest clothes for Adi and I always feel bad for how hard of a time I give her. And then to top it off, she always goes and takes all these cute pics and I can’t help but always want my daughter to look like a Baby GAP model! Curse of the Chang…what is this daddy to do???
- She is my Best Friend(BFF), my true loves kiss- she makes me laugh, she’s made me cry and everything in between!
- She’s the beautiful mother of my beautiful daughter…and a great one at that!
- She’s Korean, hence she cooks AMAZING Korean food for yours truly (hence the increased BMI) such as my personal fav’s: Kalbi, Bulgogi, Bi Bam Bap, Sam Gyup sal.
- She loves the gospel and inspires me to be a better person just by waking up in the morning.
- She’d live in Hawaii (She already tries to speak pidgeon…hahaha whoop whoop) We’re still working on getting her to say “slippers” instead of flip-flops though. tsk tsk
- She went on a mission to San B in Cali
- She helps me clean up and take care of the house…fo’ real! “I tamed her” -as spoken out of the mouth of Soo-Young Choi
- She lets me think that I’m the neck and not just the head.
- She lets me just stare at her beautiful self in complete and jawdropping awe!
- She shares and consoles in me about everything that’s on her mind.
- She goes and watches chick flicks with me, then usually sheds a tear or two and tries to hide it! hahaha (she cried in “Enchanted” and even “Christmas with the Kranks”? what the?)
- She went from social butterfly to stay-at-home mom…nothing short of a major sacrifice.
- She’s a GREAT listener and ALWAYS gives amazing advice to not only me but many of her friends.
- She constantly helps me to overcome all my bad habits and never gives up on me.
- She always gets me lunch and/or dinner ready to take to work so that I won’t go hunger.
- She lets me watch all my sports and if I’m playing, she comes and is my #1 fan!
- She has the most amazing voice and I get mesmorized when I hear her sing…especially when she sings “Lullaby River” and “My heart will go on”
- She dries pretty much EVERY single flower I’ve ever given her (and its a lot)
- She takes care of Adi at nite and sacrifices her sleep so that I can get some decent sleep since she doesnt want me to be tired when I slavelabor each day.
- She reads her scriptures and prays everyday-it’s the little things that are hardest! Trust me…I know.
- She has the two funniest stories about potty training her cat and her first day of school in the US of A that make me crack up EVERYTIME I hear them!
- She doesn’t judge me on my past but loves me for who I am
- She loves to cuddle!!! Boop…
- She truly is my better half! She married me and I heart my Sarah! Boop…