- 4 C. half and half
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 pkg. cream cheese
- 2 T. vanilla extract
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
BEAT In large bowl, combine ingredients; mix well. Pour into ice cream freezer container. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze leftovers.Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Re roll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
COOKING TIP:Make sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel so the cake will not stick to the towel when it’s rolled up.
- Use a gold sequin fabric as a backdrop.
- Use red fabric or tablecloth for the table.
- For the gold bottles, I used the bottles from sparkling apple cider, emptied and dried it and spray painted it gold. Put a single flower on it with fillers.
- Serve the pumpkin ice-cream roll with various fruits.
I’d love to hear about your favorite recipes to use during the busy holiday season!