Upon request here is the recipe of the ice cream roll Jay made for my birthday(and what he made to impress me when we were dating. 😉
Ice cream roll recipe
4 egg yolks
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
4 egg whites
1/2 c. sugar
2/3 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
ice cream of your choice
1. Beat 4 egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Beat in sugar and vanilla.
2. In another bowl, beat 4 egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar & beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold the yellow yolks into the egg whites.
4. Mix flour, powder & salt in a separate bowl.
5. Fold the above mixture into the egg mixture.
6. Put wax paper down and pour even on a baking sheet.
7. Bake at 375° for 10-12 mins.
8. Put on a dish towel and roll it for shape. Let it cool.
9. Unroll and evenly spread ice cream and roll.