I’m happy because:
1. We’re leaving the snowy, bone-chillin’ UT to go to Hawai’i for Christmas.
2. Ariana woke up every 1 1/2-2 1/2 hrs. ever since she’s been born UNTIL about a week ago. She now wakes up just once or twice. It’s about time, HALLELUJAH!!! (*knock on wood*)
3. I haven’t felt the “mommy burn-out” for a long time and I recently realized why! I’ve been sewing every night when the kids are asleep and alter or make clothes just for me. It is the first time in 2+yrs. that I’m doing something that’s just for me on a regular basis. I now know how important it is to not let go of your individuality and to set aside a time to do a hobby that is just for you. Now my 2 advice to mothers are: 1)don’t have kids a year apart. 2)do something that is just for YOU everyday.
4. Jay is the sweetest husband ever. Me and my girlfriends had our annual Christmas party at our house last week and while I was curling my hair & getting ready, Jay got off work early to come help. By the time I came downstairs, he had cleaned n wiped the table and the chairs from the shed, set the table, cleaned the whole house, Christmas music was playing, and he bought me and my girlfriends a big thing of cheesecake and cream puffs. I cried when I came down and saw it.
5. I have the sweetest girls ever. I fall in love with them more and more each day by a substantial amount. It’s amazing the love a human heart’s capable of holding.
6. Watched Precious last night and I’m so grateful for my parents who never treated me harshly, never abused me but always loved me immensely and supported my decisions and dreams. I’m also grateful they didn’t spoil me with materialistic things but taught me to work for what I want.
7. We have lots of ice-cream in the freezer.
I chopped off my hair one random night cuz I was sick of my same long hair I’ve had since I was 14. I even cut it myself but that’s not because I’m brave it’s because I’m cheap and it’s such a hassle to find a babysitter to go somewhere. I also had promised myself I wouldn’t chop my hair short like every single mother in this world right when they have a baby so I waited 2 years. 😉