I tailored a ton of clothes. Once again, very simple, but it makes it so much more flattering to the body.
I modestified this dress a long time ago in this post, but the dress shrunk and lost some of it’s length. I bought the closest green fabric available and added some length to the dress.
With this dress, I just took in the waist part of the dress to make it more fitting. It’s hard to tell but if you look closely, the waist part in the after picture is taken in so it looks more hourglass. The bottom hem was a bubble hem so I cut the linen part and then resewed the hem, so it lengthened it just a tad.
|Peter pan collar dress: Ministry of Magic(c/o) |
With this dress, I lengthened it by adding black fabric, and tailored the sides of the dress to make it more slim fitting.
|Gold sequin-sleeve dress: Oasap(c/o)|
I forgot to take a before picture of this dress(darn it!), I was too excited to tailor it so I could wear it. It wasn’t a huge change, it looked a lot like the above black dress before it was tailored. I took the waist part in to make it more figure flattering.
|Cream lace dress: Ministry of Retail(c/o)|
This dress was like a tent. It was way too big, way too long, not flattering at all. I took in the sides, the length(to make it shorter this time), and sewed the low v-neckline together to make it higher.
|Striped maxi dress: TJ Maxx|
Whew, so there you go. Next week, I will be showing a DIY that’s one of my favorite DIY’s I’ve done so far. And I don’t throw those words around easily, so it’s going to be a good one!