This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiftDeliciously#CollectiveBias Just a few days before my daughter’s baptismal party, I got approved to throw a party using OREO cookies, and I thought how perfect! I planned on making my daughter and my husband’s favorite OREO cake balls any way! My husband isn’t too big on sweets but he loves these cake balls! We had about 8 left from the party and he didn’t even let me eat one. I’ll be sharing with you the recipe as well as how to throw this gold/white party!
Invitations designed by Kayelas Art. We’be become friends this year and she is one of the best illustrators I’ve ever seen. I mean, look at that sheer skirt of the dress! Adalie wanted the Hawaii temple in the background and I couldn’t be more happy with the invitation. Thank you so much Kayela!
These delicious coconut-cream sugar cookies are from The Fix, and turns out, the owner is Karissa, a girl I went to elementary, middle school and high school with! Such a small world!
Food menu for my daughter’s baptism party:
Lunch: Korean BBQ kalbi, Kalua pig, rice, caesar salad, and pani popo.
Dessert: “8” shaped sugar cookies from The Fix, Coconut mochi, chocolate covered strawberries, Oreo cake pops, coconut cake, gold candies(rolo’s, caramel candies, chocolate nugget), grapes, pineapples & strawberries.
I had dreamed of making my daughter’s baptismal dress and her wedding dress. But it was so busy and I was feeling so overwhelmed. But feeling like I’d feel like a failure as a mother if I didn’t make her dress(not that if another mother doesn’t make her daughter’s dress makes her a failure, I was just putting pressure on myself since it was something I dreamed about doing for a long time!), I went to a thrift store and bought a dress to refashion, but still not loving it. Then Jesusspeakstome contacted me literally 1 1/2 weeks before the baptism and offered to send me a dress! Still feeling the mom guilt, I planned on refashioning the other dress too, and have her wear two dresses, but when I received this dress, my mom guilt was swept away because this dress is such high-quality and exquisite, there was no way I could top this dress. If I did, the materials itself would have cost so much money! I wanted to take more photos of my daughter in this beautiful dress, with natural lighting outside but it’s been so cold I wasn’t going to make her pose outside in the freezing cold! Anyway, they’re not paying me, this is really such an exquisite, well-made dress and I was so appreciative of them sending it to my daughter.
My son has been sick and as long as he was holding his OREO cake pop, he was happy!
My family is not perfect, but they’re perfect for me, and oh boy, how I love this family of mine with everything that’s in me.
How to Throw a Gold/White Party
- Purchased the baroque frame at Ikea, spray painted it gold. Cut out 1/2 of the white poster paper for the background and with the other 1/2 of the poster paper, using a letter A I found online, I traced the letter A with a pencil, then cut it out with an exacto knife on white poster paper, and spray painted the letter gold.
- Purchased 2 gold sparkle paper at Michael’s and a 1 1/2″ inch circle puncher. Punched out the circles, then taped it to the wall using double sided tape.
- Gold sequin tablecloth
- Spray painted sparkling cider & root beer bottles gold, put in a single white rose with fillers.
- The gold candies are rolos, werther’s caramel candies, and Hershey’s nugget.
- The coconut cake was bought, the “8” shaped cookies from The Fix, cake pops, coconut mochi, and chocolate dipped strawberries are homemade.
Located right at the check out, you can purchase Chips Ahoy!, Nutter Butter, OREO Double Stuf & OREO and RITZ Crackers for 3 for $3 at Wal Mart.
White Chocolate OREO Cake Pops
36 OREO cookies
1 pkg. cream cheese
16 oz. white chocolate candy melts
1. Crush OREO cookies. Mix with cream cheese.
2. Shape into 1″ balls. Freeze for 10 mins.
3. Stick the candy sticks into the ball and dip it in melted candy melts.
4. As soon as it’s dipped, sprinkle gold sprinkles on top.
5. Place on parchment paper and let it dry.
Check out more ways to #giftdeliciously.
I’d love to hear about your creative ideas!